cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

globalnet.co.uk email redirect/forwarding

greenwood-IT

globalnet.co.uk email redirect/forwarding

Hiya,

I have a client with a legacy globalnet.co.uk email address which has become totally unreliable this year. Plusnet have been involved a few times, but it's still not as reliable as we'd like. The decision has been made to move to an alternative address, but we need to setup a redirect or email forwarding rule for the obsolete email address for a year or so - just in case. I was expecting some such option under the webmail service, but can't find anything. Where can this function be found? Any suggestions? We can't stick with globalnet and we can't seem to leave! 😞

Chat soon.

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: globalnet.co.uk email redirect/forwarding

Hi @greenwood-IT 

A warm welcome to the forums.

I am just a customer here ... I have no direct knowledge of the legacy globalnet email options, however if they are anything like those for the Plusnet email service, then you cannot do what you seek to do, they way that I suspect you are thinking.

From other email services I support, it is possible to put forwarding on to a mailbox (address) so that emails are forwarded as well has being held in the mailbox.  It is also possible to have email redirected and not held in the local mailbox, the difference being that the email address does not have a mailbox.

With the Plusnet mail options, a mail address can be a real mailbox OR a redirection address.  To change from a real mailbox to a redirection, the mailbox address must be deleted (thereby losing the email storage) and the the email address must be recreated as a redirection address.

@JW  - is it the same for Globalnet mail boxes?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

greenwood-IT

Re: globalnet.co.uk email redirect/forwarding

Hi Townman,

Thanks for the input and linking JW in for comment 🙂

I'd be happy to backup the current mailbox (which is POP anyway!) and go with a redirect if it's an option.

Chat soon.