Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

globalnet.co.uk email password recovery

FIXED
guinness

globalnet.co.uk email password recovery

Hi,

I'm having trouble accessing my ancient webmail account at @globalnet.co.uk.  I am still able to collect email from it as I set up a POP3 fetch in Gmail years ago, however I cannot remember the password, nor can I extract it from the gmail connection.  I want to change (and note down!) the password for this account but am currently stuck.

I have tried the madasafish password reset at: https://secure.madasafish.com/forgotpassword/  but I never receive any reset email.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

12 REPLIES 12
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: globalnet.co.uk email password recovery

Hiya @guinness thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry for the issues you're having with your email password.

Could the password reset email be going to a different email address?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
guinness

Hi LaurenB,

Thanks for replying.  It could be, but I'm not aware of any other address it could be going to.  The account is very old so if it does have a recovery address it would be a distant memory!  

That said, I tried to resolve this last year (unsuccessfully) and did manage to get the password reset email through.  It was sent back to the @globalnet.co.uk address which I collected via Gmail.   Unfortunately, the link within it didn't work.   Now, I can't even get to that stage.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @guinness (Mmm, Guinness)  Smiley

I'll be happy to call you back to reset your password over the phone, and once you've been able to log into your account, you can then reset the password through following the steps explained Here.

If you'd like me to, feel free to private message me your Globalnet email address and a contact number I can reach you on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Cheers for your time on the phone @guinness, it was good to speak with you.

I've dropped you an email following our conversation, but if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with, feel free to get back to me here and I'll be happy to help. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
coxam
Hooked

Good afternoon, I am having a very similar issue as I am trying to switch to a newer version of Outlook and the emails will not load. I tried Plusnet basic webmail and the password wouldn't work. I tried the Plusnet webmail and my password didn't work. Any chance you could work the magic again please Gandalf? Many thanks Anne-Marie Cox

coxam
Hooked

Hello again I have tried the plusnet reset. sorted but the email still isn't working. I have inputted the POP3 Port 110 : mail.mail.globalnet.co.uk and outgoing Server and  (SMTP) Port 25 or 587 : Smtpmail:globalnet.co.uk. Still no joy in getting email in Outlook.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @coxam, thank you for getting in touch. I'm really sorry that you are having problems accessing mail via Outlook.

I'm not sure if they are just typos in the details you have provided so just in case to confirm, please use the following details:

For the POP3 port, please can you try 587 and the incoming mail server is mail.globalnet.co.uk

For the SMPT port, 25 or 587 is OK to use and the outgoing server is smtpmail.globalnet.co.uk

If you are still having some issues, can you please let us know providing a screenshot of the details you have inputted (making sure to blank out any personal information if posting it on this thread). Let us know how you get on!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
coxam
Hooked

Good morning Lauren,

Thank you for your reply. I have checked the post and yes there was a typo! I have been careful to type mail.globlanet.co.uk  etc...

I haven't been able to find whereto check the port references even in the advance settings.

Needless to say I am still not getting the email through!

Feeling a huge bit hapless here so any help would be appreciated!

Many thanks in advance

Anne-Marie

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thank you for getting back to me Anne-Marie, I am really sorry that you are still having some issues. Are you able to provide an image showing all the mail settings (incoming, outgoing and advanced) just so I can take a look at this and see if there's anything we could be missing?

Again if you post this on the forum just ensure to blank out any personal data such as your email address. Alternatively, you can send this over in a PM. (To send a PM, click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message' and in the message please include a link to this thread)

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
coxam
Hooked

Can anyone direct me how I can reset my globalnet mail password - I have tried the madasafish reset and that didn’t work. Now I can’t get the mail working on a new computer. Can’t get to the port settings it seems because the password isn’t correct. Great minds etc …. Any help would be gratefully received.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues with your globalnet account @coxam

Give us a nudge on here when you'd be free for a quick call, we'll be able to pass security and get the password reset over the phone, as @Gandalf has done above Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
coxam
Hooked

Is this a good enough nudge? It's the mobile number you have as the landline isn't mine any more.

I am so looking forward to the prospect of receiving email on a laptop!!!

Anne-Marie