Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting access to my generic domain freenetname emails through IOS

FIXED
masis
Hooked

getting access to my generic domain freenetname emails through IOS

Hi

I have a freenetname account, obviously taken over previously by madasafish and now yourselves.

I'm trying to access the emails from the @mydomain.co.uk (obviously not mydomain) but all of the ones from that domain, irrespective of the prefix.  

I have set up and correctly receive and can send emails from the specified email account in the additional mailbox (of which Im only allowed one), in this case, info@mydomain.co.uk, as specified below : 

https://secure.madasafish.com/myaccountdx/internet/additional-mailboxes/index.php

I can access the others from my mydomain@freenetname.co.uk webmail from the https://webmail.plus.net/ link, logging on correctly from there.  (interestingly I can select any domain from the dropdown and it still works)

However, I'm looking to be able to obtain all of the emails via smtp (or pop if needed, but obviously less preferred) from the generic mydomain@freenetname.co.uk account which will grab everything from @mydomain.co.uk into the master box.

I've tried the obvious things (changing the username, mailbox and password) from the working setup of info@mydomain.co.uk under ios, but its not having it.  

Ive also looked at similar posts

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/freenetname-no-send-receive-for-2-days/m-p/1511763

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Need-help-with-FreeNetName-email-account/m-p/1509180#M22328

and the general one : 

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/How-to-get-your-e-mails-through-a-e-mail-client/td-p/1390685

Can anyone help please?

thanks!

Simon

7 REPLIES 7
masis
Hooked

Re: getting access to my generic domain freenetname emails through IOS

Any admin help?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Have you tried setting up mydomain@freenetname.co.uk as a separate IMAP account on your IOS device? Then you could use the "All inboxes" display option to see all emails in one list.

David
masis
Hooked

Thanks David.

I have tried username as mydomain@freenetname.co.uk as the account and username with the password I use for webmail (and that account) as the password, and it fails. Sorry if that was t clear from my original post. 

To clarify, that wish I use for info@mydomain.co.uk (as a sub to the master) is replaced by mydomain@freenetname.co.uk and the respective passwords changed but the incoming and outgoing mail accounts and ports left the same, and that fails. 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Not sure I'm sure what you're trying to achieve?

Is it simply to create an account in your email application that picks up messages destined for username@freenetname.co.uk?

If so, you should be able to do this using mail.freenetname.co.uk as the incoming server, and your Madasafish website login credentials for the username and password. If you're setting up an IMAP account, you'll probably need to use the full Freenetname email address as the username.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

masis
Hooked

Hi Bob,

yes, to obtain those at username@freenetname.co.uk but ALso the default master of <anything>@mydomain.co.uk other than info@mydomain.co.uk which all come into the username@freenetname.co.uk webmail account when logging on.  To clarify further examples being user1@mydomain.co.uk, user2@mydomain.co.uk .... user999@mydomain.co.uk 

Ive got mail.freenetname.co.uk as the incoming and I've tried the madasafish username as both mydomain and mydomain@freenetname.co.uk and neither have worked. 

Like I said, it works for the sub account info@mydomain.co.uk but not the general account. 

So it's not the ports

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Fix

If you can log into the relevant account using Webmail then there's no reason why an IMAP connection can't be established via a mail client. It's essentially the same server that's doing the authentication.

I've refreshed your mail config at this side on the off-chance it helps. Shout if it doesn't.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

masis
Hooked

Hi Bob - well, I hadnt changed anything in my settings and it started working yesterday, so I can only assume that whatever you did fixed it!  many thanks