cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forward/redirecting main mail box

Docspawn
Hooked

forward/redirecting main mail box

I was wondering if its possible to forward a 'main' name mail box to another external address.
Kind of desperate for help on this one if anyone can help please ?
    Thanks
        D.S.
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: forward/redirecting main mail box

I think the way to achieve this would be to create another mailbox and make that the default. Wait until that change has taken effect then you can redirect the original one. A redirect can be to an external address.
David
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Wondering how to do this myself. I have a co.uk address assigned to one of my plusnet mail addresses. Since switching to Linux with the ending of XP I don't really like any of the mail clients as they won't sync with mobile devices. Decided I was going to go down the route of redirecting to an outlook account. When I add the redirect it doesn't show up in my list of redirects. Added it a few time now and nothing 
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Won't sync with mobile devices? Not even Thunderbird? Are you sure you're setting up an IMAP account correctly (some folders need to be manually set) on the email client or is this mobile sync something else (like contacts synchronisation)?
Oops, sorry about all the question marks, hopefully not to be taken in the wrong way. Lips_are_sealed
That's RPM to you!!
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Oops, sorry about all the question marks, hopefully not to be taken in the wrong way.

Grin No problem, it's just proper grammar. I'm trying to get mail/contacts/calender items synced with my tablet and Blackberry phone. So far AFAIK thunderbird and evolution won't do it which means I have to deal with my contacts/calender via a different email add than my co.uk using outlook. Google have stopped syncing calender/contacts for free accounts a while back which leaves me in the hands of outlook web mail.
Was getting a bit annoying so thought the best way forward was to use outlook webmail as my email client which would require redirecting my co.uk mail to this address. As it happens the webmail client is a bit limited on features as you would expect. Evolution I find is best suited for me but it means having to add contacts to both clients. I looked for a way of importing my outlook contacts into Evo but it creates duplicate emntries and wipes any changes I have made ie, categories, key customers etc. There was something on the web about an addon for evo that removes duplicates but it all seems to apply to earlier versions than mine.
I am tempted at this point to run outlook 2003 via wine just to make things easier, I have my disc but 2003 doesn't have the outlook connector tool built in like newer versions which syncs with outlook accounts. You have to have a seperate download addon so I'm not sure this would work with wine. Possibly though hhmmm!
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Ah gotcha, a bit of a quandary for you. Contact syncing is not easy with mobile devices when using alternate services, sometimes works, sometimes fails.
Sadly I can't help you any further but I wish you luck finding a solution.  Smiley
That's RPM to you!!