cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

facebook

jonco60

facebook

hi i am trying to register with facebook but when i type in my e-mail address which is my plusnet ad dress it just comes back saying its not a valid e-mail address any ideas thanks  john
5 REPLIES 5
TheIslander
Grafter

Re: facebook

Yes they are unusual. They use similar email addresses that Orange have. It is so you can have more of them. I would set up a gmail or hotmail account and use them. Then that should sort out the issue.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I've just tried to sign up using my PN address and it wasn't rejected, so can only assume it's an oddity with your address.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Mine (registered for at least 12 months) was definitely done using plusnet email address.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
hulls
Grafter

I use my Free-online one, but the idps version - name@username.idps.co.uk and it's fine.
John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I don't suppose the local part of your address is 'mail' is it? e.g. mail@username.plus.com.
If it is then I know Facebook won't like it. My original Facebook account was registered to an address in this format, however for reasons various I had to discard that account and sign up another a few years back. When I did Facebook wouldn't allow me to choose a mail@... address, no matter what domain it was under. I tried querying it with them at the time but got absolutely nowhere.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵