cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

f9 email set up in TypeMail app

heathery

f9 email set up in TypeMail app

I have been trying to set my f9 email in the TypeMail app on my android phone. and it has always failed and come up with an error at the end of set up process.
All details I have been inserting are definitely correct as given on the plusnet settings for android page. I have verified this and tried several times with the same result.
Can anyone offer any advice as to why this is happening
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: f9 email set up in TypeMail app

Did you untick the 'Automatic' checkbox when setting your account up? I've just tried with a Plusnet account and the attached settings and it worked fine. The app seems almost identical to Bluemail? Huh
Edit: Bear in mind you'll need to swap imap.plus.net for imap.force9.net, along with the other obvious stuff like your email address and password.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: f9 email set up in TypeMail app

They are the same app. Confused me for a while. I went with blue Mail as I prefer how it looks. this is what the developer says about them:
We have two brands with some user experience differences. TypeMail features more Android 5.0 elements with Material Design. Other prefer BlueMail which is a more flat UI, and is designed with a bottom bar within email view.
Both applications are loved by our users, and their choice is a matter of preference.