cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

empty emails

Eddie
Hooked

empty emails

I have windows live mail on a Windows 7 and on a Windows 10 computer, running on the same server by wifi. Recently both of these have a new intermittent problem. A batch of mails will appear and be pictured as little empty envelopes. There is nothing in them. They are in fact real emails from usual contacts which I can pick up on older computers with other email systems and view normally, if they have been saved on the server. The next batch of emails may then be received normally. What is the cause of this?Huh

What is the cause

6 REPLIES 6
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: empty emails

This might be worth a try, although it would be very odd for both installations of WLM to have gone wonky across two different machines:

Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > double-click "Windows Live Essentials" and then click "Repair all Windows Live programs".

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Eddie
Hooked

Thank you. I have tried this, but it did not solve the problem. I agree about the improbability!

Eddie
Hooked

I wondered if an update to the Mcaffee program might have caused the trouble.

robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Eddie
Hooked

Robski, that is an alarming link, but if I understand it correctly I am using Plusnet and not Outlook. And it is now 1st July and emails are normal. Is the Window 10 email any good? If not what is the best one?

robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Hi Eddie, I am still using Windows Live Mail in Windows 10. I am not sure how the Microsoft changes are going to effect non Outlook users but I just wondered if it had bearing on your problem. It's working OK for me at the moment so I'll just wait and see. I haven't found anything better yet.