cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails to my second email address are not appearing in my in box

GrahamTre

emails to my second email address are not appearing in my in box

When I set up my account I set up two email addresses.  Usually my wife uses my email address but occasionally an account will not accept the same email address for both of us, so she also has her own address.  But these are not coming through to our mail box and I cannot figure out how to correct that.  I have tried setting up the email address again, but it says that it is already in use.

Apologies if that has already been answered out there some where but my search has not thrown anything up.  Thanks Graham

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: emails to my second email address are not appearing in my in box

@GrahamTre Have these emails (to your wifes' address) come through previously? Are you using webmail or an email program?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@GrahamTre  emails to a second email address, that is created as an additional mailbox, will not arrive in the primary mailbox. To retrieve emails to the second mailbox, you have to login to the server using a username of <accountname>+<maiboxname> and the password you specified when you created the mailbox.

If you use an email client , then you should be able to an an additional account to retrieve email for the second mailbox. If you use webmail, then you will need to login separately to retrieve the mail. You will find more information here https://www.plus.net/help/email-guides/how-to-set-up-plusnet-email/

If you only need the additional address for occasional incoming mail and your wife does not need to send email using it, then you may be better creating the second address as an alias rather than a true mailbox. Think of an alias as a forwarding address, so email for the 2nd address is forwarded to the primary. In order to create the address as an alias , you would first need to delete the 2nd mailbox and then create an alias, as you cannot have an alias and a mailbox with the same name

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @GrahamTre, thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry for the issues being experienced with your mail.

I have taken a look at the account in reference to the email address I suspect you are referring to and have provided a further response on this here (due to it containing some account specific information that I can't advise of on here).

If you can provide the information requested (you can either do so on here so the other users can see, though please ensure not to include any personal information, or reply on the ticket and give me a nudge when done), we can advise further on this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team