cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails to ba.com addresses not being received

MikeScorer

emails to ba.com addresses not being received

emails to ba.com addresses are not being received, a BA automated acknowledgment is not generated and there is no message to say the email is not being accepted.  This is happening when sending from 2 different PlusNet email addresses.  Is PlusNet being blacklisted by BA?

8 REPLIES 8
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: emails to ba.com addresses not being received

Hi @MikeScorer,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that, as far as I'm aware there shouldn't be any issues and I'm not aware of any type of filtering of emails to ba.com.

If you're using client software to send the emails, I'd suggest using webmail or vice versa. I'd also be tempted to try using a non-Plusnet email address to see whether there's any issues with the address here or at the recipient.

Let us know how that goes.

Thanks - LF

MikeScorer

Hi LF,
Thanks for your reply. I have tried sending from webmail - the email is sent OK but is not received by BA. My son can send from a non PlusNet email address and the email is received OK by BA.
I also tried turning off my router for a while and then back on in case there was an issue with the IP address but to no avail.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @MikeScorer,

Thanks for the info. Can you confirm the same applies if you use email client software such as Outlook?

Thanks - LF

MikeScorer

Hi,
I normally use Microsoft Outlook as my email client and the problem first occurred with that. I don’t appear to have problems sending to any other email addresses - just ba.com!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, could you get a copy of the message headers from one of the bounce-back emails please? If you could drop that to me on a PM that would be really helpful. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@adamwalker 

" a BA automated acknowledgment is not generated and there is no message to say the email is not being accepted"

I read this problem statement as … "Usually when I send an email to ba.com I receive an automated reply confirming that the email was received and will be acted upon.  At the moment, emails sent from my PN email address (a) do not elicit an automated response and (b) I do not receive a non-delivery report from the PN email servers.".

That being the case the OP will not have any bounce back emails from which to send the headers as requested.

@JW 

Is it possible that acknowledgements from ba.com are being bounced by cloudmark as being spam?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JW
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 24

@Townman 

It is possible that something has caused the emails to get flagged as spam by the platform. Something that can be looked at by support, using a combination of the sender and recipients addresses along with the day the email was expected. Though it has to be a relatively fresh example, generally from within the past couple of days.

Jon W
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@MikeScorer 

What I sought to infer (but did not do so clearly) is that there is the possibility that your emails are indeed being sent to ba.com successfully, but the replies are not being received (accepted by Plusnet).

Is it practical for you to send a test email with delivery and read acknowledgements requested?  Delivery / read notifications ought to get through to you OK.

If you do not get the expected acknowledgement then make available to PN the information mentioned by @JW 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.