cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails not stored on server

janeo

emails not stored on server

Hi my plusnet 'webmail' emails are being deleted from the server after a few days.  I am sure I am not over any data limit and am on IMAP  settings.  I have checked everything I can think of, what do you think is going wrong.

Any tips appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: emails not stored on server

Hi Jane,

A warm welcome to the forums.

If you are certain that none of the devices which connect to your mailbox are configured for POP3 then you should consider the possibility that your mailbox has been compromised and change the password to that mailbox immediately.

If you have used that email address as sign-up credentials for any other service - Amazon, Netflix, eBay, banking services, Dropbox ... etc. then you should consider those to also be compromised and change the passwords everywhere.

IMAP will always leave emails on the server, POP3 (which to avoid complications should not be used where there are multiple device access the same mailbox) will remove mail items from the server after downloading them UNLESS explicitly configured to not do so.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

janeo

Re: emails not stored on server

Thanks for the reply and good advice, I’ll check my settings again and change the password.....