cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails disappeared from laptop, phone and webmail

clox

emails disappeared from laptop, phone and webmail

My wife has just lost all her e-mails from PlusNet including those on the PlusNet webmail server, her laptop email inbox and folders and those on her mobile phone.
Any ideas what has happened?
Can it be restored?
Anybody else had this issue?
As far as I can tell - she only turned it on and they were not there!
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: emails disappeared from laptop, phone and webmail

Sorry to hear what's happened.
It's a open issue and we're investigating
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
richardliz69

Exactly the same thing happened to us yesterday. Everything on the Plusnet mail page disappeared - all the folders and contents etc, which contains many years of valuable info, including my wife's Apple Notes, which presumably was synced to the Plusnet webmail system.
I immediately contacted Customer Tech Services and talked through the issue with a contact named Will. He accessed our mail screen and confirmed that there was a serious problem. He was unable to ascertain why the deletion had occurred and he confirmed that we had not been given any warnings about any capacity limits, which was clearly because we were nowhere near the limit! He was able to 'refresh' the Plusnet server, and this now allows mail to be sent and received, but all the historical stuff, prior to mid-morning yesterday is still missing.
This like someone coming into your home and setting fire to your filing cabinet!!
Will promised to call me this morning with an update, but did not seem optimistic about the problem being fixed quickly .
Will just called (bless him!) and confirmed that the problem had affected many customers and that they had identified the problem and the network engineers were working on recovery for everybody . Thankfully, he assured  me that the no emails had been lost and that in time they would all be restored, but that it may take sometime. Phew! Close call.
clox

Some restoration has occurred but many e-mails are missing from the folders they were stored in. Have Plusnet stopped working on this problem or is it still on-going?
By the way my e-mail is clive@manvell216.plus.com not the Talktalk address you used!  My wife's mail is phil@manvell216.plus.com - this is where the problems are.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Hi,
The contact address we have on file for you is a TalkTalk email address. If it's not correct, then please update it here.
How does your wife access her mailbox? Using Webmail, IMAP or POP3?
As far as I'm aware the problem is considered fixed and nobody is currently working on it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵