cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email

hellsh12
Dabbler

email

Is anyone else having connection problems accessing plusnet Email. It is very slow and times out. The same thing last wk.

10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: email

Yes, very slow loading the pages from login to mailboxes.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

YES  snail mail Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
howie13pnet
Dabbler

I'm having the same problem.  Very slow downloads of e-mails - with some error messages on several Plusnet accounts.  My e-mail client is Mozilla Thunderbird which, I think was updated a couple of days ago to version 45.0.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'm finding webmail specifically slow but the old 'basic' version: https://webmail.plus.net/squirrelmail/src/login.php seems OK

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Picnic
Grafter

My Thunderbird updated a couple of days ago and now I keep getting

The size of the message you are trying to send exceeds a temporary size limit of the server. The message was not sent; try to reduce the message size or wait some time and try again. The server responded: ... temporary failure.

when trying to send a 2.2k email. Hardly large. But this is email address specific as I can send the same email to someone else. Is this a PN issue or Thunderbird?

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

I suspect the update was done in a bit of a rush to fix a rather serious security issue because it did come with a warning that certain restrictions would be temporarily imposed. 

Can't remember the exact wording of the warning but my guess is that what you have encountered is one of them.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Have you also looked at the Mozilla Thunderbird support forum as well?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Picnic wrote:

My Thunderbird updated a couple of days ago and now I keep getting

The size of the message you are trying to send exceeds a temporary size limit of the server. The message was not sent; try to reduce the message size or wait some time and try again. The server responded: ... temporary failure.

when trying to send a 2.2k email. Hardly large. But this is email address specific as I can send the same email to someone else. Is this a PN issue or Thunderbird?

Do you encounter the same error if you try sending the email to the affected recipient using Webmail?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Picnic
Grafter

I've been out since I originally posted and while I've been out the offending email has gone from my drafts folder and appears in my sent one. I've also managed to ship a 2nd email out to the offending address. Guess it's one of those transient things we'll never know the answer to Wink Thanks.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Since the original report was marked as a temporary problem the relays would try sending again after 4 hours or so. It seems second time was successful so normal tidying up occurred.

It looks like the problem was a temporary glitch on the recipient's mail server.

David