cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email username list on login

pwilliams62
Dabbler

email username list on login

After typing in the first letter of my email username I used to get a list of all my usernames so I could choose one. This has stopped in the last week and I now have to type in the name every time. This only worked for me on chrome but not windows explorer. How do I get it to work again on both chrome and explorer?

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

Re: email username list on login

What you are seeing is historic values used in a web page form field.  Such information is stored on a specific PC by each browser.  Such browser storage is private to each browser.

It will take time for a different browser to learn information which you use regularly.  This has nothing to do with services provided by PlusNet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pwilliams62
Dabbler

Re: email username list on login

I can get Google Chrome to remember my email usernames (as shown below) but it also remembers the passwords. My original query was a need to remember usernames only because I prefer to remember passwords and enter them myself.

Usernames and passwords can be remembered by Chrome as follows:

Pick the “Customise and control Google Chrome” tab, which has 3 vertical dots and is on the far right of the address bar.

Pick “Settings” followed by “show advanced settings” at the bottom.

Under “Passwords and Forms” tick “Offer to save your web password”.

The next time you log on to webmail, Chrome will present a pop up to give you the choice of saving the password (It also saves the username).

I have done this for 4 email addresses. When I use webmail the username and password of the last one used will be filled in. If you delete the username down to a part name that is in all your usernames then the full list will appear to allow a choice.