Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email to pastebin.com won't send

FIXED
simonc2
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

email to pastebin.com won't send

I am trying to email admin@pastebin.com from plusnet webmail, but when I click the Send now button the page shows a rotating icon and "Sending message..." for ages then gives a warning sign with "Request timed out". There is no other detail of what the problem is that I can see.

pastebin.com is an online message board where computer programmers can post samples of code. There is nothing subversive about it that I am aware of. Would plusnet have classed this domain as something dangerous and blocked it?

How could I find out what the problem is?

Grateful for advice.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: email to pastebin.com won't send

I can't help you with the email question @simonc2 but while you wait for a response why don't you paste your query here (or a new thread), there are plenty of technically minded people on this forum who I am sure ill be more than willing to help. If you do you can expand the Editor when posting your query and select from many languages so that your message formatted correctly.

simonc2
Rising Star

I have a feeling that you meant to include a link on the word "here" but there is no hyperlink there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry @simonc2, I should have done with hindsight, but I was in the message composition page at the time and that's what I meant by here but to clarify here's an image.

Expand the ToolbarExpand the Toolbar

This will allow you to select the </> option from where you can select from a large list of options:

Formatting OptionsFormatting Options

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @simonc2 

I'm sorry to see you're having issues emailing a particular address. As far as I'm aware our spam filter will only block inbound emails and shouldn't affect outbound. Are you able to send mail normally to other addresses? We'll then be able to advise on the next step which may be to raise a task with our NetOps team to investigate further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

I suspect the problem is not the pastebin.com address, but more likely to be interaction between the code you are trying to include and the webmail program. The webmail program may be trying to execute your code (or some part of it).

Can you send the same message to a different address? Can you send a message without the code to pastebin?

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I tried to send a paste of the HTML version of this thread (loads of repetition of "Lithium") via the normal web interface.

Took ages - then it said it suspected it was SPAM & asked me to fill in a CAPTCHA - so I left it in peace.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

simonc2
Rising Star

Fix

Thanks for your response. But the message that wouldn't send didn't have any code - it was simply a test message containing a line of text.

However, much to my surprise, I tried sending a similar message this morning, firstly to various other of my email addresses, and then to admin@pastebin.com, all of which sent successfully! Today it's working. Yesterday it wasn't.

I don't suppose we'll never know why...