cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email to abuse@plus.net failing

axelant
Hooked

email to abuse@plus.net failing

Has it been withdrawn?  The last post I could find about it said it should be working.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* abuse@plus.net

Reason: A message that you sent to the following recipient could not be delivered due to a permanent error. ** The remote server ?? responded with: ** abuse@plus.net ??:?? This message was created automatically by mail delivery software on the server .

5 REPLIES 5
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: email to abuse@plus.net failing

Hi @axelant,

Just to confirm, the abuse@plus.net mailbox is still in use. Are you able to try sending the email via another device or browser?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
axelant
Hooked

It happened again when I used another mail client in another network (both I use regularly).

Final-recipient: rfc822; abuse@plus.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.5.0 550 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused

Last-attempt-Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 13:35:33 +0000

I then sent using webmail and so far it hasn't come back so it looks like that has probably gone through.  I use relay.plus.net as my SMTP server and I use the clients all the time so it is something peculiar about that message and that recipient.  I just wish the scammers had as much trouble as the genuine customers.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I've got in touch with one of the team who looks after this mailbox and they've said they are still receiving mail. Could you possibly try sending the email to abuse@plus.net once more letting me know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
axelant
Hooked

OK I resent it at 15:21 and it hasn't come back, so I don't know what the difference is.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sounds like it's gone through to the mailbox this time Thumbs_Up unsure what had happened previously though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet