cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email to Galaxy S2

lannerjohn

email to Galaxy S2

Greetings Friends
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 on which I would like to send and receive emails.
My difficulty is that I use a domain name email address, john@tresavean.com, which is received via my domain name host, netcetera, both pop incoming and smtp outgoing use mail.netcetera.co.uk.
Does anyone know how to get my mail copied to my Galaxy, I want it available on my home PC as well.
Thank you in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: email to Galaxy S2

I also use the Galaxy S2.  Great phone Smiley  This is how I set up email on my phone:
Go into applications and select email. Touch the left hand button at the bottom of the screen and on the pop-up menu touch 'more'. Another menu pops up and select Account settings.
You should then be able to enter your Plusnet account details and server settings to complete the operation.
On the server settings I've used:  incoming server settings POP3 server mail.plus.net using port 110 and outgoing server setting relay.plus.net using port 25.
Hope this helps.
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You might need to use IMAP rather than POP3 to synchronise your Galaxy and your PC with the Plusnet server....?
whelpton
Grafter

Quote from: ChrisL
You might need to use IMAP rather than POP3 to synchronise your Galaxy and your PC with the Plusnet server....?

As long as neither client setup for POP3 access deletes the messages from the server once it's finished downloading, then there shouldn't be a problem.
If you are using your Galaxy S2 through your mobile network then the only additional setting you will need will be to enable SMTP Authentication on the outgoing mail server settings!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: artmo
You should then be able to enter your Plusnet account details and server settings to complete the operation.

I'm not sure that's the best advice to be honest?
Quote from: lannerjohn
My difficulty is that I use a domain name email address, john@tresavean.com, which is received via my domain name host, netcetera, both pop incoming and smtp outgoing use mail.netcetera.co.uk.

Which suggests that John's email has nothing to do with his Plusnet account or our servers.
I'd suggest finding out whether or not your Netcetera email account supports IMAP. If it does then setup your email on both the PC and the S2 as an IMAP account rather than POP3. Failing that, you can use POP3 and enable the option on both the PC and the phone to 'leave a copy of the messages on the server'.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵