cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email set up on Moto e5

geoffsp

email set up on Moto e5

I have just obtained a Moto e5 android phone and after following the plusnet instructions for opening IMAP by putting in my email address as the user name, the correct password, the incoming server imap.plus.net, port 143, and security type as STARTTLS, I get a message "STARTTLS is not supported. Try a different security type". The only other security types are "none" or "SSL/TLS". If I try either of these , I get a message "couldn't open connection to server". I have tried phoning PlusNet but the wait time is always in excess of 50 minutes so any help from the community would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: email set up on Moto e5

Moderators Note.
Moved to email from mobile
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
geoffsp

I phoned plusnet and eventually got through after waiting 45 minutes. The problem was solved by using username@username.plus.net instead of myname@username.plus.net.

lilacmoon
Hooked

@geoffsp wrote:

I phoned plusnet and eventually got through after waiting 45 minutes. The problem was solved by using username@username.plus.net instead of myname@username.plus.net.

Thank you so much, this worked on my Huawei P Smart as well.  I'd been struggling for two hours, trying to work out where I was going wrong.  I wonder why they don't make it easier to access this information?