cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email receiving problems

creativa

email receiving problems

I'm not good with tech stuff but I need to resolve this. I have one email address plus one for +work. I use two addresses, one .plus.com and one with my domain name which I purchased from freeparking and should redirect to plusnet (checked twice and the setting on freeparking are correct). I work on an Mac and use Entourage (2004)
Problem ONE: Totally AT RANDOM, I occasionally do not receive emails from my domain.com email. Neither freeparking nor plusnet seem to be able to help. They say setting are correct, not their problem.  Causing big problems with work. Help! Any ideas? Would moving the domain to plusnet help? How does one do that?
Problem TWO: in the past two or three months I often have had connection problems to the server. On a few occasions when connection has been re-established I've received from plusnet over 200 old emails, from both addresses, which I alrealdy had, going back as far as a month. Plusnet says I should switch the 'leave a copy of email on server off',  I checked and it's off for one address on for the other. i switched both off. Has anyone had similar problems, is Entourage causing particular problems?
Thanks
1 REPLY 1
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: email receiving problems

Quote from: creativa
I'm not good with tech stuff but I need to resolve this. I have one email address plus one for +work. I use two addresses, one .plus.com and one with my domain name which I purchased from freeparking and should redirect to plusnet (checked twice and the setting on freeparking are correct). I work on an Mac and use Entourage (2004)
Problem ONE: Totally AT RANDOM, I occasionally do not receive emails from my domain.com email. Neither freeparking nor plusnet seem to be able to help. They say setting are correct, not their problem.  Causing big problems with work. Help! Any ideas?

I'd have though freeparking would at least be able to check their server rejection logs? I suspect (and it is only a suspicion without any supporting evidence) that our anti-spam appliances are deferring/refusing messages from freeparking's servers as they're failing reputation checks. There are two solutions to this:
1. Switch off spam filtering for your account and wait 48 hours for the changes to propagate (there's obviously a chance you'll receive more junk email if you do this).
or,
2. The next time you're having the problem, send an email to your domain but enter another address in the 'To' field alongside that of your domain. The email to your domain will presumably go missing but the copy to the second address should turn up. Raising a support ticket containing the headers of this email will prove very useful in tracking down the cause of the problem.
Would moving the domain to plusnet help? How does one do that?

If my suspicions are correct then yes it would. You'd need to ask freeparking to change the 'authoritive name servers' of the domain to:
NS1.FORCE9.NET, and
NS2.FORCE9.NET
Once you've done that you'd need to raise a support ticket requesting that we transfer the domain in for *hosting only*. You'd continue to pay freeparking for domain renewal however we'd look after the email and website side of things.
Problem TWO: in the past two or three months I often have had connection problems to the server. On a few occasions when connection has been re-established I've received from plusnet over 200 old emails, from both addresses, which I alrealdy had, going back as far as a month. Plusnet says I should switch the 'leave a copy of email on server off',  I checked and it's off for one address on for the other. i switched both off. Has anyone had similar problems, is Entourage causing particular problems?

There's been a few problems over recent months that may have led to this, but those problems should be no more.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵