cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email problem

kevinguy
Hooked

email problem

Having read many posts relating to webmail.plusnet, and the lengthy log in times, service temporarily unavailable, server error, failed to send message et al, I contacted PN online help and was assured that engineers were aware of, and working on, the problem, and they anticipate full restoration of service in 48 hours - that was 3 weeks ago, and still the problem persists. Not good enough Plusnet - is it because BT bought you out? I wonder.?

6 REPLIES 6
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: email problem

You can view updates on our service status page here: http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=email

I apologise if you were advised we expected a fix within 48 hours. We don't.

However we are aware of the issue and our technical team are working on resolving the issue.

@kevinguy wrote:

is it because BT bought you out? I wonder.?

We've been part of BT Group for almost 10 years. I don't believe the recent webmail problems are in any way related.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
kevinguy
Hooked

Thanks for your reply Harry - I know there is no link between the BT takeover and the webmail issue - my frustration gave rise to a moment of sarcasm. I will watch and wait with a modicum of optimism.

goodenglish

My experience is similar. Madasafish webmail was always wobbly and Plusnet suggested I used their webmail. This was OK to start with (perhaps a year ago) but, more recently, it has logged me off and failed to send. It's got worse and worse, such that, for perhaps two weeks, I've had no email at all on either client or web. Live chat representatives are polite and promise a repair but it's not happened. I trust they won't be billing me this month, that it will be finally fixed, and that I can see all the inbound emails I've missed.

kevinguy
Hooked

Almost in December and problem not yet fixed - increased frequency of 'Service unavailable) messages. Any ideas over there in PN land? Please?

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It's apparently being sorted this evening from 10pm - all contact with emails will be lost for up to 8 hours. However all contact has already been lost here trying to log onto webmail

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@drj wrote:

It's apparently being sorted this evening from 10pm

I'm not sure why you've been advised the maintenance last night was to fix all the webmail problems.

Unfortunately the work was not expected to resolve all the issues people have been seeing on webmail and was just essential maintenance that could possibly have brought other improvements with it. We're still looking at how to improve the more apparent issues that people have been reporting.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet