Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email forwarding from 123Reg/Host Europe

Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: email forwarding from 123Reg/Host Europe

@brackleyflyer and @odyssea4 

The possible reason you get an error when clicking the link In message# 81 is that it is a ticket in @DaveOz's account.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

rooky
Grafter

Keep meaning to ask habe you guys just renewed your domain. I did on Thursday and that when issue started after. Can’t see this effecting it? 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Rockinad wrote:
I think I've cracked it myself. Log in to your account, go to manage my account /manage email/catch all and set catch all status to on for all mailboxes.

Hi Rockinad,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Just to clarify what might be an interesting angle ... this is not really a fix, but if it works, that suggests that the forwarding name has been mangled.

CATCH ALL is not a "status" applied to "all mailboxes" as you suggest.  CATCH ALL is a mechanism which allows anyold.emailaddress@youraccount.plus.com to be directed to a specified mailbox (sometimes referred to as the default mailbox).  Though useful it is not a recommended setting as anyold.name@youraccount.plus.com accepts incoming mail.

If this has worked for you, it rather suggests that the forwarding address encoded in the forwarded email is not correct.  However in such circumstances the sending party ought to receive a rejection advising that the address is not known.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daveh1
Hooked

@LaurenB please also add me to the list of people having issues with this. I have several domains that stopped forwarding to my plusnet mailboxes last week. If you can open me a case I can add the details.
I hope you guys resolve this quickly as it’s been going on too long now and clearly causing a lot of issues for a lot of people.
yayoi-f9

@LaurenBplease also add me. Exactly the same situation and symptoms.

I've also been able to partially resume by adding an alternate forwarding email in my 123Reg control panel. That's weird, but the error message is definitely from PlusNet.

Thanks

Brian

rooky
Grafter

Can we pls have a update from the network team
racal

Hi,

Please add me to the list of those affected!

I have, however, noticed the following. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I've noticed that only emails being forwarded to a single Plusnet email address fail to get through. Emails being forwarded to two Plusnet email addresses, or a Plusnet address and a third party email address (such as aim.com) DO get through and are not bounced by Plusnet.

Keeping fingers crossed for a speedy resolution to this.

Peter

rooky
Grafter

So if you had your email forward to 2 Plusnet address it works??? Hmm

Anyway here a reply from 123

Hi Andrew,
Unfortunately, this is not a fact that can be checked from our end.
We did not make any changes in the way our email forwarding service works.
Since the changes were made from Plusnet, I'm afraid that you need to contact them for a more accurate view of the matter.
I would gladly further look into this for you, however, I do not have access to their backend tools.
Again, we rely on your understanding regarding this situation and we are very thankful for it!

Kind Regards,
Iulian
123 Reg
Boxersoft
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@LaurenB I'm also affected by this problem, please add me to the list / create a ticket or whatever your procedure is.

I can confirm that setting the 123-reg forwarding to more than one target address works around the problem for me too, and that the additional target can indeed be another PlusNet mailbox. 

I have another observation to throw into the mix in case it's any help, as I don't think I've seen it mentioned elsewhere. My setup at 123-reg involves multiple domains, one of which is my main one that has all the forwarding rules that end up pointing to my PlusNet mailbox. The forwarding rules on the other domains simply forward to the same name at my main domain. Example:

• me@maindomain -> me@plusnet
  • foo@maindomain -> me@maindomain
  • bar@maindomain -> me@maindomain
  • [...]
  • *@secondarydomain1 -> *@maindomain
  • *@secondarydomain2 -> *@maindomain

For me, the problem only seems to affect mails sent to my secondary domains. Those sent directly to [anything]@maindomain.com successfully arrive in the me@plusnet mailbox without needing the extra recipient workaround.

Hope that's understandable and that it might somehow help in figuring out and fixing this very disruptive problem.

triphil

Hi All - just found this thread as I too have not been getting emails to my domain name email since Thursday evening - although the odd one or two did creep through before I changed the spam settimg, now I'm at work I have been able to change the forwarding on 123reg and add a gmail acct, so hopefully that will temporarily fix things. SO far I've not complained to plusnet or 123reg!!!

dallday
Grafter

Had this problem for a few days. I removed all spam controls from the plus net emails and then the messages seem to get through.

Although I have added extra emails to the redirects.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for getting in touch.

Could you all check your email inbox for confirmation that a ticket has been raised on your account or log into your member centre here. This thread is added to the open incident however, I will take any useful information that will help us get to the bottom of the problem and pass it to the relevant team for further investigation.

Thanks again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
balvack2
Grafter

We've not received an email to say that a ticket has been raised on our account.

I managed to find out how to log a question at the weekend (number 188422791). There was an update on there from Lauren that said it had been emailed to us but we didn't receive that either. So looks like our workround of switching off spam filtering hasn't completely fixed the problem if Plus themselves can't get email to come through to us 😞

ETA to add @Jubby  so they can see we've not got the email we were supposed to.

rooky
Grafter

Problem reported Friday and still not fix
balvack2
Grafter

Also @Jubby @LaurenB given that this is now recognised as an "Incident", why is the Service Status page still not not showing any email issues? It appears lots of people are having this problem and are reliant on searching the community forums to find out there is a wider issue as those that did get through on the phone didn't get any help...