Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email addresses

FIXED
daveh1956
Dabbler

email addresses

Don't know if this has been asked before, is it possible in webmail to set up a group of email addresses so that when I send emails to a particular group I can ensure no one is missed

7 REPLIES 7
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: email addresses

If you click on the Address Book icon there is a column on the left that allows you to create Groups.

Click on the Plus at the bottom to add a group. Once you have created your group select it then select the Card icon with the + sign in the green circle above the Contacts column to enter a contact's details.

Whether there is an easer way to do this I am not sure.

Edit: Disclaimer; I haven't actually used this facility so maybe someone else can confirm it works.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

In Thunderbird,   that is called  "New List"  Icon is two heads with a plus sign superimposed...

when clicked, you then give the list a name... e.g."  All my friends"... or " enemies of the state".. 

then populate the list below.. with the email addresses of those concerned.

Like Mav... never used it...  so.......

Presumably, when you want to send them all a message, you click on the "List" named... in the Address book subsection....

daveh1956
Dabbler

do't seem to be able to generate and save a new group

Mav
Fixes: 515

@daveh1956

Just to confirm you are using Plusnet Webmail?

I have just created a new group and added a couple of addresses without issue.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

daveh1956
Dabbler

yes I am using plusnet webmail

I create a new group, but can't seem to be able to save it or add to it

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Fix

When you click on the + to create a new group an "edit" box should open under Personal Addresses in the Groups column. Type the name of the new group in that box, then press Enter. That should complete creation of the group with its name under Personal Addresses. However it will be empty.

Select Personal Addresses and the Contacts column should list all known contacts. Click and hold on a name and "drag" it to the name group. That should make that contact a member of the group.

To process several contacts at once, click the first name, then Ctrl-click subsequent ones to select them all. Click and hold in a highlighted area and drag the block to the group to add them all.

When sending to a group, start typing its name in the "To" box; a list of groups matchingn the pattern will appear; select the one you want. Fleetingly the name will appear in "To", quickly replaced by the actual contacts. Complete the other fields and send as normal.

However bear in mind that webmail places restrictions on the number of addressees but I can't remember what the limit is.

David
daveh1956
Dabbler

Thanks for everybodies help, now have list i require