Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eMail to Gmail from Talk21 address never received

sunkiddance
Dabbler

eMail to Gmail from Talk21 address never received

Hello all,

This problem seems to have started a few months ago - but I only realised that this was an actual problem a couple of weeks ago when I read the thread about mail to Gmail taking 5 hours ... etc.

I have a (BT/Yahoo) talk21 account and have been using it as my main eMail address for about 20 years.

If I send a message from my eMail program, using relay.free-online.net, coming from my talk21 address, to any Gmail (or Gogglemail) user, the messages are never delivered.

If I send a message from the webmail interface of talk21, the message gets delivered.

It only seems to be messages to Gmail (or Googlemail) that are affected - messages to any other address are fine.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is and how it can be fixed - I presume it is related to the fact that Google seem to be having problems with some accounts coming from Plusnet servers.

Incidentally, if I send a message from one of my Plusnet eMail  addresses, it is delivered.

Thanks

Terence

7 REPLIES 7
sunkiddance
Dabbler

Re: eMail to Gmail from Talk21 address never received

Some further information

Yesterday I tried a test by sending a message from a different eMail account (....@web-hq.com) using the relay.free-online.net server to my Gmail account and it arrived almost immediately.

Very odd that the eMails from my ...@talk21.com just disappear.

Terence

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@sunkiddance 

Is free-online an obsolete  Plusnet owned ISP? If so it’s probably the recent decision by Plusnet to use SPF records. These topics will give you more information   https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Information/We-re-making-changes-to-your-email/m-p/1598823#M32...   and       https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/relay-force9-net-e-mail/m-p/1616350#r

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

sunkiddance
Dabbler

@Baldrick1 

Thank you for responding. I thought I had posted an additional message earlier today to say that I had sent an eMail from another eMail address (...@web-hq.com) using the relay.free-online.net server to Gmail and it arrived almost instantly.

Also, the notification from PLUSNET about the proposed changes to the SPF records told me that I had to make sure that my outbound server was relay.free-online.net (which it is and has been ever since I switched to PLUSNET (Free-Online)

So unfortunately I don't think your suggestion is the problem.

Regards

Terence

sunkiddance
Dabbler

This is strange - I have now posted 2 replies to this topic - one from work and one from home, both done yesterday but neither are showing up here !!!!
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

The forum has been playing up all day.  https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Information/Community-Issues/m-p/1619635#M330

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mav
Fixes: 514

@sunkiddance 

There was one post caught in the Spam Filer which I have released.

No sign of the missing 2nd post.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

sunkiddance
Dabbler

@Mav 

Thank you - both of the 2 posts have now appeared - probably didn't like the address I had mentioned.

Regards

Terence