Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail provided by my last access provider

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

e-mail provided by my last access provider

I have my e-mail with my last provider having moved to Plusnet two days ago. It's still working through webmail and outlook.
I have my own domain which is paid for for the next ten months but am not sure if paying through them for this mean I have paid for domain hosting as well.
My problem is will they pull the plug on my e-mail or as gentlemen  Grin will they continue to provide the service as long as I need?
How urgent is it to get a new host for my domain?
Regards
Peter
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: e-mail provided by my last access provider

You need to ask them or perhaps on their forum on http://forums.thinkbroadband.com
PeterLoftus
Pro

Thanks Jim
I'll do that  Smiley
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
PeterLoftus
Pro

Latest progress
I have been dealing with my last ISP and they are still supporting my domain so ok at the minute with my e-mail  Smiley
But I hope i havent shot myself in the foot  Undecided
I decided to resurrect my webpage after several years and so have opened an account with www.000webhost.com and as part of their guidance the told me to redirect my nameservers to their site which I have instructed my old ISP to do.
Realty check - But will this affect my e-mail. Will it stop working?  Undecided
regards
Peter
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have control of your domain settings then where your website is hosted and where your email is delivered can be configured completely independently, and neither of those need be with the company that maintains your domain subscription.
PeterLoftus
Pro

thanks Purleigh
I have forgotten a lot of what I once new  Huh
I panicked for a moment but all was OK  Cheesy
The sequence of events was
I have a domain and me and the wife have been using the same e-mail for mor ethan 5 years, so the number of websites and services where we gain access and everything is set up using those e-mails is extensive, life would stop if we had to change.
So I have opened an account with www.000webhost.com and instructed TalkTalk (F2S) to update my nameservers to theirs. But I was locked out of the000webhost.com  customers pages untill this took effect. So this morning my e-mail stopped working and I couldnt see what 000webhost.com  were offering and no email.
A couple of hours later I went onto 000webhost.com website and entered my password and the first thing I saw was a welcome screen saying my domain had been activated. I suppose they had also sent an e-mail to my non functional e-mail.
I now have gone on to their website and created all my e-mails on their server, set up my outlook and things are begining to flow although I have been warned that th e-mail may be unstable for a few hours.
I think everthing is ok  Smiley
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra