cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail log in failed (Totalise/Madasafish)

FIXED
PeterBill
Dabbler

e-mail log in failed (Totalise/Madasafish)

Hi

I'm unable to log in to my e-mails, not sure what the problem is. Could be that my e-mail address has been hacked or if mailbox is too full?

Unable to recieve any e-mils on my phone or i-Pad either.

Tried a different browser, firefox and chrome. Cleaned all internet history with ccleaner. restarted router and computer.

Still not able to log on to my e-mail account.

Anyone else have this problem?

Cheers

PeterBill

17 REPLIES 17
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: e-mail log in failed (Totalise/Madasafish)

Sorry to hear this @PeterBill.

If you can drop me a PM with your username or the full e-mail address I'll look into this for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Are you trying to log on using the Apple mail app or are you using the safari browser to access via webmail?

Are you by any chance abroad?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @PeterBill,

Thanks for send Matt that PM. I've had a look at your account and we've actually changed your password. I'll pop the copy of the notice on the account below:

During routine monitoring our mail platform has flagged up your mailbox {CENSORED}@totalise.co.uk as being accessed from 4 or more countries, outside the UK, within the last hour. For this reason we believe the security of your mailbox has been compromised.

If the password on this mailbox has been used on other web sites or services we strongly recommend you also update those passwords. When resetting your password please ensure it's cryptic with a mix of numbers, and upper and lower case letters.

You can reset your main mailbox here and your secondary mailboxes here.

Please click here for assistance with securing your account moving forwards.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@JOLO

Just to help might the {CENSORED} (redacted) mailbox address be hinted at (A*********Z) so that the OP can be sure of which email address this referees to (if this account has more than one mail address)?

Also (just in case) can it be confirmed that the IP addresses involved are not Plusnet addresses having ambiguous geolocation data?

Four countries in an hour is worrying - could the use of a VPN service creation such a perception?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PeterBill
Dabbler

Hi,

Not abroad, tried via safari and the apple app on the i-Pad, no luck. Tried via the app on android phone.

Also tried various methods on windows 10 computer, chrome, firefox, ms edge, and ms office outlook.

Unable to log into my plusnet webmail account.

Cheers

Pete

PeterBill
Dabbler

Hi Joe,

Hacked from 4 countries outside the UK? very worrying ...

I'm unable to log into my account to view the e-mail and instructions to change my password.

If the password on this mailbox has been used on other web sites or services we strongly recommend you also update those passwords. When resetting your password please ensure it's cryptic with a mix of numbers, and upper and lower case letters.

You can reset your main mailbox here and your secondary mailboxes here.

Please check your email!

We have sent you an email telling you how to recover your password.

Check your email and follow the instructions to continue.
You must do this within an hour or you will have to start your password recovery again.

Is there another way to access my account?

Thanks and Regards,

PeterBill

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @PeterBill.

Can you drop me another PM with an alternative e-mail address so we can update your account and get the reset e-mail to you?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
PeterBill
Dabbler

Hi @MatthewWheeler 

I did send a PM with an alternate email address, still waiting for a reset email to arrive.

Thanks,

Pete

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @PeterBill,

Thanks for getting back to us. I can see that we have received this PM and updated the account accordingly. If you haven't received the password reset link as of yet, please check your spam folder to make sure that the email hasn't been sent there. If it isn't in there, please can you try requesting the password reset link again?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
PeterBill
Dabbler

Hi @TheMightyAJ,
Still waiting for the reset email ... Perhaps gmail are blocking the email? I'm getting other emails on that account ... Just not the one to reset my password.
Regards
PeterBill
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

it might be worth checking both your junkmail and deleted items folders as sometimes our emails can go astray when reaching gmail addresses. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
PeterBill
Dabbler

Hi @adamwalker 

I have checked all folders, trash, spam, bin, etc. Still no reset email to my alternative email address.

My totalise email used to be hosted by madasafish before being moved to plusnet. When going into madasafish to request a new password/reset ... I get the following message:

Please check your email!

We have sent you an email telling you how to recover your password.

Check your email and follow the instructions to continue.
You must do this within an hour or you will have to start your password recovery again.

I can't access my totalise email to follow the instructons.

Is there another way to get access to my email account?

Thanks,

PeterBill

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Something's definitely not right there, the easiest way to get this sorted is if I can give you a call. 

OK to do that now?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
PeterBill
Dabbler

Hi @adamwalker 

OK to call, sent PM with telephone numbers (mobile and landline)

Regards

PeterBill