cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

domain name addresses are "invalid recipients"?

VB22
Dabbler

domain name addresses are "invalid recipients"?

Hi, hope someone can help me ...
We have a domain hosted by Plusnet, and the default mailbox appears to work just fine (e-mails to name@username.plus.com and to name@domain.co.uk all get through).
We are getting things set up now ready for the charity's name change on 1 April. I'm in the process of setting things up and just testing that accounts appear to function OK before we need to use them full time.
I set up 4 additional mailboxes on the account a few weeks ago. One of them is for me, and I have set it up to use with Outlook. I set it up using the domain name in Outlook as per the instructions, so my e-mail should be myname@domain.co.uk. The "test account settings" showed all was well. I now find I can send messages from it (they correctly show the sender as myname@domain.co.uk) but I can't receive anything. When I've tried to send messages to this account I've had 2 very similar mail undeliverable messages:
1. sent from a different e-mail account on this computer:  "Invalid Recipient: remote server 212.159.8.200 responded with myname@domain.co.uk 550: Invalid Recipient"
2. sent from another computer I get: "remote MTA mx.avasin.plus.net: SMTP diagnostic: 550 Invalid Recipient myname@domain.co.uk"
Looking in webmail, the other additional mailboxes receive mail if it is addressed to @username.plus.com but they are not recognised if I use the domain name. How do I get the domain name linked to the additional accounts for incoming mail?
Thanks for any help you can give me
Sheila
1 REPLY 1
VB22
Dabbler

Re: domain name addresses are "invalid recipients"?

I raised a ticket for this and it has now been sorted. Thank you  Smiley