cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant send mail

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

cant send mail

Hi    If I explain things first it might be easier to understand.....After 8 years of PlusNet I have moved back to BT mainly for the free sport and three pieces of gold Pnet is owned by BT so I don't really see there to be much of an issue really. I have remained paying PN for my host name monthly but for some reason my mail is not going out or in anymore I keep getting the message 535 Authentication rejected. I assumed by continuing to pay Pnet for the host name that my e mail would still go through Pnet and nothing would change regarding e mail this is what I was also told when I rang up about it although I must admit the guy at the other end didn't seem very sure. So am I just paying for the host name and have to get BT to take this up but I don't think they do host names for e mail as its through Yahoo not the best mail in the world or is this just a glitch in the system as I can still log into Pnet as normal sorry if I sound like I haven't a clue but I haven't Any help would be appreciated thanks  Mike
4 REPLIES 4
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: cant send mail

Can you still receive email OK?
What SMTP authentication settings are you using and what have you entered as your outgoing SMTP server?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I don't think you'll be able to send email via Plusnet (even using authentication) because you no longer have a paid subscription (I don't think paying for a domain counts, but Digital Care Team staff need to confirm that).
I think you'd need to pay the annual fee for a mail-only account if you wanted to send via Plusnet. Otherwise you'd have to send using the BT service.
David
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Many thanks I am calling Pnet now to go on mail only Thanks
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: spraxyt
I don't think you'll be able to send email via Plusnet (even using authentication) because you no longer have a paid subscription (I don't think paying for a domain counts, but Digital Care Team staff need to confirm that).

Yep, your assumption's correct. SMTP authentication isn't permitted because the account has been downgraded to a non-subscription variant.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵