Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant get the new webmail user-name and password saved

niko
Grafter

cant get the new webmail user-name and password saved

as title really
ive tried regedit and deleting all saved passwords (and auto-complete is on )
win7 offers to save all other names/passwords including old email but it will not even offer to say the new one
any ideas?
27 REPLIES 27
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: cant get the new webmail user-name and password saved

This is an issue Plusnet knew about long before they decided to put the new system live: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,100755.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
niko
Grafter

cheers mate
that is ridiculous that plusnet make it the default option before sorting this iam disapointed in plusnet
and i really think plusnet should be thinking about a different email clint if they cant deal with it
the longer the password used the more secure it is but it is a pain to type each time ,and no a dont want to use add on software to deal with it
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

As mentioned in the thread jelv linked to, we are still looking at it Niko. I don't think we've much to gain from reversing the changes we've made thought especially considering the old platform is still available for use.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

niko
Grafter

thanks bob i replied on there as well
to be honest i cant see what has been gained by switching them round(apart from annoying customers) ,you should of waited until you sorted it
as far as i can see its still basically in trail/beta stage ,so i think its a mistake changing
i see your intending taking basic email client offline soonish
what happens if this isnt resolved by then?will you keep basic running until it is?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: niko
what happens if this isnt resolved by then?will you keep basic running until it is?

If it's determined that we can sort it out (and I see no reason why we can't because another Roundcube install we have for our Pay As You Host customers doesn't exhibit these problems), then yes, we will leave the old platform available until it is.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

niko
Grafter

thank you bob
it does seem odd the you have to opt out of a beta (or if iam over polite pre release)rather than opt in
can i ask why you decided to change it round before sorting problems?what did you hope to gain?
niko
Grafter

any updates on this yet?
any is there any reason you cant just copy the code over from your payg  host?
cheers nik
chalbury
Grafter

Nik,
I don't understand your reasoning, I am not on payg, I use firefox to access webmail which remembers my log in details when I go to the  basic webmail but does not remember on the new all-singing, all-dancing webmail.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Bob
As mentioned in the thread jelv linked to, we are still looking at it Niko. I don't think we've much to gain from reversing the changes we've made thought especially considering the old platform is still available for use.

Please keep the old platform for ever for those of us that have terrible problems with the new "improved" version.
As mentioned several times here
http://community.plus.net/blog/2012/04/10/new-plusnet-webmail-platform-goes-live/comment-page-3/#com...

And those of us on Apple Mac OSX, eg CTRL clicks just do not work on PN, and never have.
ie, keep beta testing on Macs too.
From home, not from the office.
niko
Grafter

Quote from: chalbury
Nik,
I don't understand your reasoning, I am not on payg, I use firefox to access webmail which remembers my log in details when I go to the  basic webmail but does not remember on the new all-singing, all-dancing webmail.

hi mate they have it working on the payg platform (read bobs post) on the new mail system
the reasoning is if its working on there cant they just copy the code over to the non payg
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Quote from: PlusComUK
And those of us on Apple Mac OSX, eg CTRL clicks just do not work on PN, and never have.

Well, as a Mac user you should very well know that CTRL clicks equate to Command(Apple) clicks.  Huh
That's RPM to you!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Bob Pullen also mentioned this substitution and reminded me after I'd posted, on the Community Site News about the new webmail.
Not used Windows for at least 10 years, so no need of substitution key combos.
I use the Apple CTRL click combo quite a lot, for it's specific uses.

Whereas  (Command) click does nothing most of the time.

and for ..........  shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview ?Huh

Anyway, back to the thread...
Still "can't get the new webmail user-name and password saved"
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

@ PlusComUK:  What browser are you using or more accurately which one do you want to save it in?
That's RPM to you!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Main browser is Camino Version 2.1.2 (1.9.2.28 20120308211433), using Safari Version 5.1.5 (7534.55.3) when I have to.
I don't have your level of knowledge of OSX , obviously !