cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot send emails

stephen1951

cannot send emails

I am now getting a message saying that I need to check the settings on my mail and newsgroups each time I try and send an email. The email will not send and I have checked the settings and they all appear to be correct.
Any advice ?
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: cannot send emails

The first question is what setting have you got for the outgoing mail server and the second is what does the newsgroups have to do with sending emails
stephen1951

Sending of message failed.
Please verify that your Mail & Newsgroups account settings are correct and try again.
This is the message. The outgoing server settings are relay.plus.net and port 25
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi,
What is the precise message please?  These messages can seem quite similar and also they can be misleading.
For example ,you can get a "password" error when you actually have no connectivity!!!  Crazy
What is your email software & client?  Are you on a subscription account and are you trying to connect via the PN network?
Note if you wish to connect with this platform when NOT connected to the PN network, you need to use port 587 and supply a user name and password (the same as those used for the POP3 or IMAP server).

HTH.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.