cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot send email outlook 2002 in France

leggeyboy

cannot send email outlook 2002 in France

In a gites in Southern France and only receiving, not sending. Tried all the good stuff, different ports, auth on/of, smtp with & without, but at my wits end. Any suggestions, other than returning to UK?Huh
7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: cannot send email outlook 2002 in France

My guess is that you connection is via the Orange network. They block access to port 25 other than to their own server.
You need to temporarily change your outgoing(smtp) server to smtp.orange.fr and uncheck the 'my server requires authentication' setting.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

leggeyboy

MisterW

You're an absolute star..just changed my settings and all working fine now. Plusnet only had the 'stock' answers I'm afraid, which is a bit worrying. Again, many thanks.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: leggeyboy
Plusnet only had the 'stock' answers I'm afraid, which is a bit worrying.

Why is that worrying? The problem was nothing to do with them, the network you are connected to was blocking access to the Plusnet server.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
leggeyboy

Jelv
Not that your intervention was needed or wanted, but they are meant to be a 'help desk' and supply resolution so you can operate once more. Given all the information, they couldn't produce a resolution, therefore not a very helpful help desk.
csogilvie
Grafter

I doubt Plusnet staff are really going to be up on the ways of which orange.fr block access to any SMTP server which isn't theres... and I don't honestly think many people would expect them to be.
leggeyboy

Again, thanks to MisterW for resolving...end of string.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

No probs. TBH, as the others who posted, I wouldn't have expected Plusnet CSC to have come up with the answer. If you had posted during the week though, I'm sure one of the more experienced Plusnet Digital Care Team who frequent these forums would have had the answer. They unfortunately don't work weekends.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.