cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot receive "some" emails that have been sent back by reply

bluebell

cannot receive "some" emails that have been sent back by reply

Why is it that when my friends send me a reply to an email i have sent to them it is a delivery notification failure?
I have had to ask them what the address of my email is showing and its showing something like my name then mail @ then my name again it doesnt make sense but when i send them the correct email address i receive the email.  So i have had to send them an email from my second email address and there is no problem with it then! Has anyone had this problem
2 REPLIES 2
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: cannot receive "some" emails that have been sent back by reply

Basically, this is your fault, you are sending the wrong information.  Your email settings include a record of your email address but this entry could be wholly incorrect without preventing you from sending and receiving emails.  If it is incorrect it just prevents others from replying to your emails.
If you say what email program you are using we can tell you how to find the setting you need to correct. 
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: cannot receive "some" emails that have been sent back by reply

I suspect you're using Webmail and the email address of the default identity isn't correctly configured. Next time you're logged in, click Settings > Identities > Settings and make sure your email address is entered correctly there.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵