cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't send email

dod
Dabbler

can't send email

two different pop3 accounts, one using outlook and the other using windows mail.
I can receive email on both accounts, I've checked settings and they look okay. Anyone know if there's an issue at the moment?
6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: can't send email

Can you post any error message or other details?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dod
Dabbler

Thanks, from windows mail
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Andrew', Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 107.8.159.212 (107.8.159.212:25), connect error 10060', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67
no problem sending from other non PLusnet accounts
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

no problem sending from other non PLusnet accounts

Does that mean you're not currently connected from a PlusNet connection ? If so you will need to use Authenticated SMTP to allow you to send via relay.plus.net OR send via the local mail server of the network to which you are connected

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dod
Dabbler

No. I'm connected to a plusnet ADSL line.
The other accounts I'm speaking about are mail accounts which are hosted elsewhere. They've got nothing to do with plusnet and work fine.
adie:quote
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Ok, well I've just tried here and relay.plus.net is working fine.
Since both Windows mail and Outlook both fail it doesnt look like a configuration error,
Is it possible that your AV or Firewall is getting in the way ?  I'm afraid being a Linux man I'm not not much use there...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dod
Dabbler

looks like Avast was the problem  Angry Uninstalled and loaded up avg and all seems well again, thanks for the help