cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't acess gmail

francesam
Dabbler

can't acess gmail

I try to log on but i get " internet explore cannot display web page " I'm not really good at all this but i went on gmail help and in the end got told to contact my broadband provider as they might be blocking the website. Tried other things includinf turninf of a my antivorus programs. Been like this for 2 days now and am getting reall fed up Angry  I can get all other pages up.
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: can't acess gmail

We're not blocking Gmail.
What version of Internet Explorer are you using? It could be a problem with something like your Cipher strength or security settings. Do you have problems accessing other secure sites? e.g. can you log into your online banking or our Member Centre?
You may also want to try *temporarily* disabling any Internet security or anti-virus software you have running to see if that fixes the problem.
Failing that you could download, install and try accessing Gmail using a decent web browser like Firefox or Google Chrome  Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

francesam
Dabbler

Am using IE8. I have disabled my security program and that didn't work. Have also downloaded google chrome and no joy there.
francesam
Dabbler

Have now downloaded firefox and i can acess my gmail now. Liked IE though so a bit peeved that i will have to get used to another one. Sad
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

You could try resetting IE to the default settings to see if it makes any difference?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

francesam
Dabbler

Just tried that, didn't work. Guess i'll haveto go with firefox for gmail. Thanks for trying to help me.