cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attachments in webmail

daveh1956
Dabbler

attachments in webmail

trying to attach small word files to emails, get message saying "unable to send message", any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: attachments in webmail

I think there is a 7MB limit to attachments in Webmail.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

mrob
Grafter

I'm also having problems sending emails with small word files attached....and similarly get "unable to send message" sometimes.

I discovered through trial and error if the email has more than one attachment it is less likely to send and so have had to send emails with one attachment at a time sometimes.

I assumed this was part of the general current email malfunctioning situation....but any thoughts would be appreciated.

I stress these are small word files.

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Just tried attaching 3 empty files and it works, 4 breaks, so seems liek a limit of 3 attachments rather than size. I dont usually attach many files so not sure if it used to do more than 3?

Once good test is to try from Outlook/Mail etc as a client and see if its the mail server rejecting or a config/error on webmail itself?

Genesis1-1

Every time I bring up an attachment after responding to the upload instruction it shows in the attachments box with a no entry sign against it. When I either click on the send button at the bottom of the page or the letter box ( with the envelope projecting from it ) I get a "Failed to send" message. Does anyone have a solution to this or is there anyone who can tell me what I am doing wrong?