cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applying whitelist

colinpartridge

applying whitelist

I'm having difficulties receiving emails from a particular client because Ironport is bouncing emails back to them, since their ip address appears to have a "poor" reputation. If I add their domain name to the whitelist in my spam email settings will that allow emails from that domain to pass through, or does the whitelist only apply to spam filtering?
Cheers
Colin
5 REPLIES 5
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: applying whitelist

The two effects are all controlled by the spam settings on Ironport so you should be fine to just add their domain to your whitelist.
colinpartridge

Thanks Ben, I was hoping that was the answer..
Colin
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Colin, if the emails are getting rejected based on a poor SenderBase reputation, then I don't think adding the address to your whitelist is going to help (sorry Ben!). The only way around it would be for the sender to use a different SMTP server or for you to switch off spam filtering altogether (with the obvious consequences).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

[me=BenTrimble]stands corrected[/me]
colinpartridge

Thanks for the clarification Bob, that makes sense with what I am experiencing. I don't think there is much chance of the smtp server being changed, so it looks like I'll have to switch spam filtering off, if there is no other way around this issue.
Cheers
Colin