Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X8 Xperia

Loon
Grafter

X8 Xperia

Hi
Just got a new phone and trying to hook back up to email.
I have put all the settings in as on my old phone but keep getting the message server not found when I try to connect.
If I change the accout password to make it incorrect I then get a message that account/password is incorrect so it looks like it can see the server!
Any ideas?

Rob
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: X8 Xperia

Hi Loon,
I've heard of others having this issue on the X8. Have you tried completely removing the mail account and re-entering the details manually?
I found these instructions on the Sony Ericsson website which may help:
  1. From the Home screen, find and tap Settings.
  2. Tap Sony Ericsson > Email.
  3. Tap Uninstall account > OK.
One thing to bear in mind is that this phone allows for the automatic detection of e-mail settings when you enter your e-mail address and password, which I suspect you may have done. I fear this may have picked up the wrong type of e-mail service (i.e active synch or exchange rather than POP3).
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Loon
Grafter

Hi Adam
Thanks for the reply.
I am unable to remove the accout as I dont think it has created one yet  Sad
The process goes like this:
From the home screen I tap the email icon.
The next screen asks for the email address and password -> I am entering my plusnet email account and password.
After about a minute (I guess this fails) it takes me to the manual settings page.
From here I am selecting IMAP (and tried pop3) and entering all the settings I used on my old T715 .
imap.plus.net
my account user name
my account password
Port 143 (default)
smtp-mbb.three.co.uk
port 25
If I enter the correct info I get the message unable to find the server.
If I change the password to an incorrect one I get -> Authentication error. Check user name and password.
This is the same for pop3 Sad
Any ideas or suggestions would be great.
Rob
Loon
Grafter

Got bored surfing the web for ideas so downloaded K9 for the android.
Seems to do what it says on the tin and took all of 1 minute (well maybe 3) to setup and get running.
Tested and seems to be working fine.
Thanks anyway.
Rob
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem, from personal experience third party apps can quite often be a better solution. I was going to ask how you were entering your username but obviously that wasn't the issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team