cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worse Problems After Email Maintenance

confident
Rising Star

Worse Problems After Email Maintenance

I was having some trouble getting into webmail before yesterday's planned work, but now I can't get into my inbox at all. Help please. 

49 REPLIES 49
kevinguy
Hooked

Re: Worse Problems After Email Maintenance

I am the same - and I am informed I have 26 emails waiting for me which I cannot access due to server error or service unavailable. Not good enough plusnet peoples !!!

marydearist1
Hooked

This is just ridiculous!!!!!!! been having problems for weeks - now unable to access my emails at all!!!!!!!!

Hobby
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Same issue here, no access at all via webmail.

Worse still I notice that the service status page does not work, all links are no longer working.

Probably taken down so we cannot find out what is going on?

Any comment from Plusnet please as trying to ring is hopeless and as usual online chat gives you the usual message that the service is very busy.

Why are PlusNet so hard to contact nowadays? I am a long standing customer (Dec 2003) and the service is just getting worse and worse. Very frustrating ad disappointing.

colin1949

It appears that Plusnet are no longer offering the email service as every time I try to access I get "Service Unavailable". However I would query the use of the words "temporarily unavailable" as I have been suffering problems for weeks. 

daveh1956
Dabbler

I've had this problem as well, can't access webmail account

fatboy1969

I was already fed up with taking half an hour+ to retrieve my emails now after the planned maintenance i can't get anything at all !!! Strangely it worked better at the weekend for two days but this so called maintenance has properly messed it up!! Sorry plusnet but at the moment you are NOT 'doing me proud'  !!

EddieB
Grafter

Mines the same . Been having trouble with Email for a couple of weeks now.Still no improvement. Contacted customer service. Was told it's been happening for at least 2 months,and he told me he didn't know when it would be fixed. And no 

chance of a refund as we don't pay for Email. Not a happy bunny

Bauhaus100
Dabbler

Latest service message from PN states:

29/11/2016 @ 16:35

We’re aware that customers are receiving error messages when trying to access their Webmail - we’re working hard on fixing this and will keep you updated when we have more information.

I raised this at 06:20 this morning and it's taken 10 hours to put out a message that tells us customers exactly nothing.

I've worked in IT services of one type or another for the last 20 years and can guarantee that if this level of customer service had been provided by ANY of my previous employers, senior staff would have lost their jobs.

marydearist1
Hooked

i am researching another ISP!!!!!! 

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

Looks like I'll have to send an email complaint to Andy Baker via my gmail account . I think I will have to tell him that their customer service is unacceptable and I WILL move to another supplier. I wonder if I can move my phone too without any penalty (paid the one year line rental upfront before this fiasco). I think I will ask for that penalty to be cancelled because of the rubbish service they have offered on webmail for several months.

NorthLondonAndy

I agree - access has been difficult for several weeks, and managed it once yesterday and once briefly today.  Also my fibre performance is not great, so time to move ISP I think. Some good deals around. 

EddieB
Grafter

Been managing to get my mail through windows10 mail.I also paid line rental upfront, but only got a couple of months left

before it's due again.Think I'll have to start looking for a new provider PN has definitely gone down hill  

aptprojects

There is no email service, period. My job and income depends on a reliable email service which is the bare minimum anyone expects from an ISP. One doesn't have these problems with Gmail or Hotmail which are both free, so why can't PlusNet offer a reliable email service which is paid for as part of our broadband service?

The "cuddly friendly idiot" image on the PlusNet advertisements is a sham. In reality they are cynical profiteers who only care about fleecing their customers whilst offering zero service in return. The only reason I have for not changing is that my email address is my identity for many internet accounts and to change that would be a nightmare. PlusNet understands this very well and cynically plays this to their advantage. If their customers continue to pay monthly they simply don't care.

I would also add that in this area we get 1.5 Mb/s broadband speed whilst PlusNet treats us as idiots by advertising stellar speeds which I suspect no one receives.

It doesn't help that one has to wait over an hour to get a response on the support line - no wonder it's so long given the appalling service they offer and the many complaints this will generate.

Useless, useless, useless.

AmigaMan
Rising Star

Yep, same here. Webmail has been abysmal on and off for months. It worked fine for one day last week and yesterday and today I'm unable to retrieve emails at all. Setting up via Windows 10 Email made no difference. I just get an error saying "Unable to download emails at this time". These days we rely on email for so many things it's not a minor inconvenience.