Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wonderful, now my email has stopped working, after I was promised it would not

FIXED
DaveLister
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Wonderful, now my email has stopped working, after I was promised it would not

I left PlusNet on the 5th and was promised several times by support staff that my email would keep working. I was even willing to pay a small amount per month to keep this service. I was told old email accounts are now free. 

16 REPLIES 16
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Wonderful, now my email has stopped working, after I was promised it would not

@DaveLister,

We do not charge any longer so mail only accounts.

The account is an free account so that process has happened correctly. Your mailboxes are all there too and there's mail sitting on our server. That means your emails should be working fine. 

Who have you moved to? Have you changed any settings in whatever device you use to ensure sending will work? (for example their mail server, or using secure auth with your mailbox details etc). 

DaveLister
Grafter

Re: Wonderful, now my email has stopped working, after I was promised it would not

I moved to EE, so no email service is available. I have not changed anything. I am also an IT professional so know what I'm doing, but like everyone the tech is changing so fast it's hard to keep up. Your email service has worked for 3 days after the swap over, until today. I am actually getting messages from websites like Twitter that emails are being sent to you but not actually arriving. Impressive they would actually tell a humble user that

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

If you're not seeing any error messages when collecting your email it's likely that you're either not logging into the right mailbox or that the mail client isn't pulling the messages down for some reason. 

Have you tried logging into the mailbox on webmail to see if the messages are visible? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DaveLister
Grafter

I am using your web based client directly, and there nothing in junk, etc, etc...............................

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @DaveLister,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not seeing any emails over webmail from your side. I've checked your account and I can confirm that your emails are definitely still in the mailbox.

I've refreshed the mail component on your account to try and resolve this problem. Please allow four hours for this to go through and then try accessing your emails via webmail again. If it's still showing no emails in your inbox, please send us a screenshot (with any personal information blanked out) so that we can see how things are looking from your side.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to Email.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
DaveLister
Grafter

Still not working and external websites like twitter are reporting emails cannot be delivered 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @DaveLister,

I'm sorry that your emails are still not working. I've raised this to our network operations team for further investigation and they should provide an update within three working days.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
DaveLister
Grafter

If it helps I checked again and the last external email I received was at noon on change over day - the 5th. I cannot send mail from other addresses to my PlusNet email accounts and nor can external websites like Twitter. This problem has effectively cost me £7.50 because I will have to keep my BT account for one more month. Only you can send emails to my accounts, not sure how email architecture works but that should give a large clue as to what's wrong.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear that.

I can see we performed maintenance on your account early this morning.

If you're still having issues, we'd need to wait on the investigation from our network engineers.

We'll update you when we know more. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DaveLister
Grafter

Here is an example of the pain you are causing me:

I am having solar panels installed and the company sent me important documents via email. If I had not chased them to find they had sent them to the broken email, I would lose £160 a year for 20 years!!! 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to see that, I've just replied back to the open ticket requesting some information we need in order to investigate this further for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=187343765 - Adam 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
DaveLister
Grafter

Daaaaaaaaah my Bwain hurts...... After two weeks of complaining you finally admit that you deliberate broke my email. All alias email boxes were removed and the master mail box was renamed. I have now recreated the aliases and am waiting 30 minutes for them to be activated.......

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @DaveLister, thanks for getting back to us.

We're sorry to hear that the mailboxes were actually deleted, although we would say that it won't have been a deliberate action,

Have you had any luck setting them back up as of yet?