Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Live Mail 2011 problem.

cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Windows Live Mail 2011 problem.

Does anyone share my problem?
I have a desktop and laptop (both less than a year old) with Windows 7 Home Premium and BullGuard Internet Security 12 as the antivirus software.
Both computers use Windows Live Mail; however I often find that when opening Windows Live Mail, the toolbar at the top of the display is replaced by a black bar as shown in my attachment.
This issue affects both computers and is a completely random occurrence.
I have done clean re-installations of WLM on several occasions but still the problem persists.
BullGuard have ruled out any connection with their software - anyway I cannot see why there should be a connection.
Microsoft support can only suggest a re-installation of Windows 7 - I do not want to go down that route on off chance that it might work.
Both computers are virus free and all hardware is working OK.
I would be very grateful for any suggestions before I give up and change my email client - I do happen to like Windows Live Mail.

2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Windows Live Mail 2011 problem.

A bit of Googling threw up this http://forum.bullguard.com/forum/11/Lost-tool-bar-in-Windows-Live-_93345.html
It appears to suggest that it may be a Bullguard 12 problem but there are other reports of the problem where Bullguard isn't reported a being involved.
If it isn't too much trouble you could try uninstalling Bullguard and see if it fixes it
cyrilclark1
Rising Star

Re: Windows Live Mail 2011 problem.

Many thanks Oldjim for your reply -  I was responsible for some of those posts on the BullGuard Forum. Sorry, I should have mentioned that in my first post on this site today.
My BullGuard Forum username is Dickens.
Since I made those posts I have lived with the issue but it seems to be getting worse on the desktop.
I may have, with regret, to agree that this could be a BullGuard conflict.
To solve it once and for all I guess I should switch off the realtime operation of BullGuard and use something like Microsoft Security Essentials for a day or two to see what happens. I don't want to run the computer with no AV at all.
I have used BullGuard for about five years, preferring it to the several other AV systems I have used. There were never any problems with the old Windows Mail.
Regards.