cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 email settings

garysunique

Windows 8 email settings

Hi I just installed windows 8 pro and entered my plusnet email settings in add other account. Seems like it won't have it.
If someone could give me some pointers as to correct settings or if I am doing anything wrong can you please help me.
Perhaps the port numbers have changed?
Any help would be fantastic.
Thanks
Gary
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Windows 8 email settings

which email client are you using - is it the default Windows 8 one or Windows Live Mail both of which are available
David_W
Rising Star

I just had a look, if you're using the big MAIL button then it requires the IMAP settings for PlusNet (least I can't see an POP setting) so try imap.plus.net
garysunique

Thank you both. Yes I was using the big email app. Will have to set up windows live mail too. Big thanks and will let you know how I get on.  Cheesy
garysunique

Absolutely worked. Have both the Tile and Windows live mail set up and working great. Thanks again!!
Midville
Grafter

Having trouble with mine here too, use imap.plus.net I presume relay.plus.net for outgoing do I need to alter the port number or leave as is?
Thanks
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

If you deselect the secure options for the imap and smtp servers then the port numbers will default to their correct values.