cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 and Plusnet email.

Crimson
Grafter

Windows 8 and Plusnet email.

I'm wondering if anyone has had success in setting up Plusnet email on Windows 8.
C
jim:green Title fixed mod:end
6 REPLIES 6
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Windis 8 and Plusnet email.

You need to change the title from:  "Windis 8 and Plusnet email" to "Windows 8 and Plusnet email"
For e-mail settings go to: http://www.plus.net/support/email/index.shtml
I hope this helps.
Crimson
Grafter

Thank you, Midnight Caller.  I haven't  been able to amend my typing error about Windows 8 - apologies.  Thank you for the link although I did use it, unfortunately with no success.  After following the instructions (very carefully) via the Windows 8 email app 'it' just sat there as if inactive and frozen.  It would not let me do anything at all and, as a result, I'm back to using my 'old' Windows 7 laptop or Nexus 7 tablet for my Plusnet Microsoft Office 2003 emails.
The reason I asked if anyone had any success is because I really have tried to 'make' the instructions work but with no success.  Plusnet Technical help are always good (I find them very patient) but, not unreasonably, it'll take time for them to reply to my 'ticket.'  In the meantime, and as I was feeling a bit stupid and frustrated, I thought I would ask here to see if anyone had successfully managed to have success with Plusnet email using the Windows 8 Mail app.
I'm hoping to be able to receive my Plusnet emails on Windows 8 as well as on my Nexus 7 tablet and, on the odd occasion I'm away, via their Web Mail.  If anyone has had success using the instructions from Plusnet  for Windows 8 email app I'll be interested to know.  I have to say it is definitely likely that, although I think I have been thorough in following the instructions, I've done something wrong.  Before submitting my question I did telephone but when, as encouraged, I tried to open a Windows Live email account - somehow it took me to Outlook.com so I deleted it.  In error I had earlier thought that Outlook.com and Microsoft Outlook 2003 were exactly the same thing!
Thank you again for your help.  If, in the meantime, anyone else has had success I'll be really interested to know how they managed it.
C
Thank you again, Midnight Caller.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: cjcrichton
I haven't  been able to amend my typing error about Windows 8 - apologies.

If you modify your first post you can change the title.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Windows 8 and Plusnet email.

The built-in Windows 8 mail client doesn't do POP3, so falls over at the first hurdle if that's what you use.
You could use IMAP, though.
Crimson
Grafter

Thank you Midnight Caller, Jaggies and jelv.  I'm feeling really dim as I'm even struggling manoeuvring my way on this forum!
I know I'm admitting defeat but I've decided, for now, because I seem to be so poor technically (even with good help), to try another way of getting my PlusNet email on my Windows 8 laptop -  ?Thunderbird.  If I download it successfully I'll go to PlusNet's site for instructions to follow and, if all else fails, I'll 'phone PlusNet's all too patient telephone technical support.  
Thank you all for your willingness to help.
C
James
Grafter

Ask our guys if they can use "go to assist" to help you set things up.
Name drop if you need to Wink