cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 mail and Office 2016

Si62
Dabbler

Windows 10 mail and Office 2016

Hi, I'm new here so apologies if I'm duplicating an existing thread.

recently bought a new PC with W10 and also loaded Office 2016 on to it.

cant get W10 Mail to work with plusnet settings - won't sync

and with office 2016 I can send email but not receive them?

3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Windows 10 mail and Office 2016

The W10 Mail app works OK for me. You need to use the Advanced Settings option when setting the account up. A pictorial guide to the settings is given in topic Windows 10 Mail and Plusnet.

The Account Name entry provides a description of the account and can be anything you like. For your primary mailbox you need to put your account username in the Username box and your account password in Password.

The same settings should work for Outlook2016. Regarding inability to receive emails do you have any other devices downloading your mail using POP3 then deleting the messages from the server? That would mean there is nothing for Outlook2016 to see. If you log into webmail does the Inbox there have content?

David
Si62
Dabbler

Hi, yes I did use the advanced settings so may be I'll delete the account and start again. I do have a pop3 account on an iPad, should I set them all up as imap? No content on webmail apart from one v old email from plusnet.......?

thanks again and I'll let you know how it goes 

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

When setting up W10 mail, the four options at the end of the final screen are ticked by default. Make sure the last two are unticked in your settings.

The POP3 account on your iPad will be downloading messages and removing them from the server making them inaccessible on W10 and webmail. My preference would be to replace the POP3 account with an equivalent IMAP one.

David