cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Mail App - showing 'sent to' rather than 'sent from'!

FIXED
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Windows 10 Mail App - showing 'sent to' rather than 'sent from'!

Hi,

Just giving this App a try on Win 10 as I no longer need the full outlook. It also links more easily with my Google calendar which is a bonus.

I have set up my PN email fine as IMAP4 but the sent folder does not show who the message was sent to in the message list. The message list only shows me as the sender which is not very helpful as I know that!

Anyone else having the issue and know of a solution?

TIA

PT 

2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Windows 10 Mail App - showing 'sent to' rather than 'sent from'!

Fix

Hi,

That Win10 Email program really is a tub of garbage.  You would be far better off sticking with proper Outlook.

As for your specific question, are you clearly referring to the "sent" folder rather than one entitled "Sent Items"?  One of the many things Win10 Email does badly is to use a pre-existing "Sent Items" folder on the IMAP server for its sent items.  I suspect that it might be the case that the pre-existing "Sent Items" folder is being treated and any other ordinary folder and a received items folder view is being applied, thereby you, the sender, is what gets displayed.

Proper Outlook allows you to manage the view on other folders containing sent items - WIn10 Email does not.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Windows 10 Mail App - showing 'sent to' rather than 'sent from'!

Hi Townman,

I am coming to that conclusion 🤣

I am referring to the 'sent' folder which has the problem. I have now noticed that if In send from the win10 client nothing goes in there. It does indeed go into a 'sent items' folder. but even more bizarrely only temporarily. They disappear shortly after. Well it was fun whilst it lasted. Thanks for you help as always.

Jon