cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Lap Top and Plusnet Email with a problem

timmytoad
Grafter

Windows 10 Lap Top and Plusnet Email with a problem

Hi all, i am trying to help a neighbour of mine, who has a Windows 10 Lap Top and his Plus Net email doesnt work properly, it is the OUT (i think), the IN is ok, the same email address works perfectly on his iPad2
He has spoken to a PlusNet techie guy who logged onto his computer remotely (clever that) and confirmed that ALL his email settings were correct.
The techie guy then confirmed that the problem is Microsoft and Windows 10  which actually hasnt helped him at all !
????  Has any other Plus Net users had similar problems with Windows 10 and there Plusnet email address ????
Tim on behalf of Dave
5 REPLIES 5
matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: Windows 10 Lap Top and Plusnet Email with a problem

Hi Tim on behalf of Dave  Grin Cheesy
Was this a laptop bought with Windows 10? or upgraded? I had an issue with one of the laptops upgraded in the house to 10 where it completely screwed up sending emails (SMTP) via Outlook
the fix for this was:
Hit Start -> type "cmd" -> right click "Run as administrator" -> type "sfc /scannow" and press enter. Wait for it to do it's thing...
Should fix the problem, if that's indeed the same one you're having. If it isn't can you give a bit more detail of the error, does it give you an error code, for example? is he using Outlook? Mail App? Something else?
Reference material
timmytoad
Grafter

Thank you MATT that was absolutely spot on, and the answer was also in that link you gave as well.
Thanks again, i am pleased i have an Apple, i dont have any trouble at all like that LOL.
Tim
jayengee
Hooked

Also having problems with Windows 10 and new Mail application. Windows Mail works perfectly - but Microsoft are stopping it so I have to convert my church's email accounts to run on it - all work apart from the vital force9 mail. Put all the email settings on it ie mail.force9.net and relay.force9.net tried both POP and IMAP nothing works - it won't sync.
Got occasional error Ox800727226 so eventually figured out how to run cmd as admin and sfc/ scannow but this failed to show any errors. Tearing my hair (the little I've got left) out, but won't be back at church until after the break to try any possible solutions. Has anyone any idea how to fix it?
jayengee
Hooked

Smiley Now suddenly sorted. Just have to forward the mail from the old service to the new one so that it is all in the same place. So glad that I use MS Office Outlook and know how to back it up!
norma

Working now.  This idiot didn't get their email right.  Shocked
I am also having problems with a new laptop - Windows 10 and outlook 2016.    I have run the scannow which has got my non-plusnet email working, but not my plusnet one
Sending reported error (0x800CCC78: "Cannot send the message.  Verify the e-mail address in your account properties.  The server responded:550 <my email address> sender rejected - invalid domain (no MX or A record)"

Thanks,
Norma