cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is PN rejecting legitamat incomming emails before they get to my account ?

daveg6hni
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Why is PN rejecting legitamat incomming emails before they get to my account ?

I think there is already that entry there Huh

v=spf1 mx a ip4:94.136.40.163 a:mailex.mailcore.me -all

v=spf1 mx a ip4:94.136.40.163 a:mailex.mailcore.me -all

So I haven't added it again...

PN DNS 123.JPG

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Why is PN rejecting legitamat incomming emails before they get to my account ?

Apologies, I may have mistyped when I checked it earlier (as I say I'm on my phone and can't type properly!)
daveg6hni
Rising Star

Hi, please do not apologise for any typos, I appreciate and need all the help I can get Smiley

I very rarely send emails as from g6hni.co.uk and have not had any issues so far...

Just to confirm that as there is a TXT/SPF entry already there with v=spf1 mx a ip4:94.136.40.163 a:mailex.mailcore.me -all there is no ned for me to add another with g6hni.co.uk in it ?

Dave

MJN
Pro

That's right - checking again now I can see it's correctly in place.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Note that this matter is being dealt with by Plusnet via private communication. One notable consideration is that email attached invoice is a vector used by scammers and thus elevates the spam suspicions.

The response to my escalation has stated that this is now with CloudMark.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daveg6hni
Rising Star

Hi, yes attached invoices are always a risk, but with Hattons the email IS the invoice, there is no attachment !

And the wish list emails from info@hattons.co.uk that are also being rejected are just plain text emails with a link, e.g....

info@hattons.JPG

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I think that's one of the issues, the bill breakdown in the body of the email itself. If it can't be done any other way then attaching the bill to the email as a zip file or similar might not trigger the anti-spam measures. On the face of it though it doesn't explain the other email rejections. Hopefully tomorrow we'll get more info back from NetOps. Smiley

(Sorry I've not posted sooner, I'm not around these parts as often as I'd like due to other workflows)

[edit]

Having said that there could be another issue at play because other companies such as Apple and Deliveroo (to name two from my inbox) all put a breakdown of a bill in a body of an email.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MJN
Pro

@Gandalf wrote:

(Sorry I've not posted sooner, I'm not around these parts as often as I'd like due to other workflows)

And that's a real shame - I always feel comforted by your presence on here and if you pick up an issue of mine I know it'll get sorted (or it's not something that can be fixed!). 😄