cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Reply introduce a load of formatting text?

GeorgeP

Why does Reply introduce a load of formatting text?

When I reply to an email using webmail it augments the original message with a load of formatting text. If I select Forward instead then it doesn’t. That’s not too bad if I’m wanting to reply to a single address but isn’t a convenient solution if I want to Reply All. I had a chat with Plusnet but they didn’t offer any solution. Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

Apologies if this is an old question, I’m sure others must have the problem but I searched the forum and couldn’t find an appropriate thread.

2 REPLIES 2
cassuki
Rising Star

Re: Why does Reply introduce a load of formatting text?

The options that can be set for composing messages appear to have changed since I last looked at them but you could try changing whether it is set to compose HTML or plain text by default to see if that makes a difference.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Why does Reply introduce a load of formatting text?

Remember that the webmail application is the 'industry standard' Round Cube product, not some specific to plusnet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.