cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can i sent an email from a Yahoo email address in Windows Mail

Bright8
Grafter

Why can i sent an email from a Yahoo email address in Windows Mail

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me please? I have 2 yahoo email addresses and instead of having to look them up in the browser everytime i though i would add the addresses to my phone (huawei) client and my laptop (Windows 10 Mail) client. The first account i have no problems with but the 2nd account won't let me send from the laptop (I can send from the phone and the browser). I keep getting a message from MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com saying Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address (it doesnt matter what address i send it to they all get rejected). It also says 

552: Spam Message Rejected on the message. Does anyone have any idea why one email account works on the laptop and one doesn't? They were both added  with the same settings (in fact i never touched the settings it was just what automatically came up). Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Why can i sent an email from a Yahoo email address in Windows Mail

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Chat to Email

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Bright8
Grafter

And now i can no longer send emails from my phone for the 2nd address now too. So now it appears i can only send from the first account on the laptop client and phone, but not the 2nd. I can send from both accounts on the browser

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Yahoo email is [-Censored-] anyway IMHO.

I've had several as "throw away" emails to sign up to various gaming forums (Only because I keep getting exiled for arguing with the resident trolls)

If you don't log in for 90 days it deactivates your account.

Do you see? Cheesy
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

You are asking for support on a service which is not delivered by Plusnet.  Your question would be better asked on Yahoo's support forum.

However as a guess, I would suspect that you have not configured the yahoo SMTP server settings properly, specifically you have not set up the authentication credentials (your username and password) on the SMTP (outbound) server details.  See Yahoo SMTP Settings - A Know-How Guide for a Beginner (saleshandy.com)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bright8
Grafter

I did try to delete this thread as its irrelevant to plusnet but i dont see a facility to do so

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been locked.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'