cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whitelisted sender is blocked as spam if tinyurl link is included. How to enable receipt?

Ed133

Whitelisted sender is blocked as spam if tinyurl link is included. How to enable receipt?

I regularly correspond by e-mail with a friend whose e-mail address I have whitelisted. When my friend sends an e-mail including six tinyurl links, it is rejected as being spam. WHY?

And what can I do about it?

What does whitelisting mean, if some e-mails are nevertheless blocked?

Thank you.

Ed Martineau

3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Whitelisted sender is blocked as spam if tinyurl link is included. How to enable receipt?

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Tech Help to Email.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Whitelisted sender is blocked as spam if tinyurl link is included. How to enable receipt?

Hi Ed,

A warm welcome to the forums.

White listing an addressee means that in general emails from that party will not be considered as spam, however that does not mean that emails containing suspicious links will be accepted.

That said the AI can generate false positives.  I have seen examples where two URLs sent together give rise to a SPAM / Anti-Virus alert, but if sent separately do not.

To investigate what is going wrong, you will need to advise of the email subject, approximate date and time, sender's email address and ideally the rejection signature.  Ideally you would not want to post some of the information here publicly, thus you need a staff member to catch this topic.

If you want to post the 6 URLs here, I can attempt to do some isolation testing.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ed133

Thanks, Townman, very much!

I experimented with a single tinyurl link, and that did indeed work.

Magical!

Ed