cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When using Microsoft Outlook email client receive Server Response 522

petergaisford

When using Microsoft Outlook email client receive Server Response 522

Plusnet home wifi router.

When i try to send emails using Microsoft Outlook email client using my spikegaisford@btinternet.com email address i receive the following message:

Server Response 522

"Sorry we couldn't send your message. The network address your device has been assigned is on an industry black list to prevent spam. The problem should be addressed by your network service providor"

I can send the same email via mobile data on my mobile phone..?

Therefore i am assuming the BT email using my Plusnet wifi router is being bounced back by your plusnet servers...y/n/?

Advice appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: When using Microsoft Outlook email client receive Server Response 522

Hi Peter,

A warm welcome to the forums - I am sad to see that no one picked this up, possible as your problem seems to point to a failure with btinternet.com ... which no staff member is likely to comment on, BT being Plusnet's big bad brother!

Would it be fair to presume that your email configuration for your BT email box is configured to use the BT SMTP server for outbound emails (not relay.plus.net)?

If the answer is yes, then this is entirely and issue with BT's email services - for some reason it has your IP address black listed.

As an aside to this, a problem seen recently having a similar profile identified that the user's connection to their PLUSNET mailbox was not using access authorisation (user name and password) for the outgoing (SMTP) server link.  In some circumstances that can be detrimental to the submission agent's IP reputation.  I'm wondering if this applies here?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.