cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does my PN email address become active?

kanda
Grafter

When does my PN email address become active?

When should my Plusnet email account become active for "external" emails - is it at the same time that my broadband becomes activated? I've tried to test the email addresses using my present ISP's webmail but get the following error - These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server: (edited); Failed; 5.4.3 (routing server failure).
6 REPLIES 6
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: When does my PN email address become active?

It won't become available until your broadband account is active, in the automated process but if a member of PlusNet support is kind enough it might be possible to activate the email access early in the interim.
That's RPM to you!!
kanda
Grafter

Thanks for that.
kanda
Grafter

Still no joy receiving emails despite my b/b now being activated  :(. Have raised a ticket about it but no reply yet.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

You might need to log on to the members centre and visit the email settings area (found here). It may need to go through a few initial settings to get things running for you - as another customer recently on the forums had to do this.
That's RPM to you!!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

From what I can see your mailboxes and mail records are now set up correctly so you should be able to receive and send mail now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kanda
Grafter

Yes, thanks Chris, the problem was caused by myself, I hasten to admit Embarrassed Hopefully I think I'm a bit more clued up now Roll_eyes