cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's happened to relay.plus.net?

wyerd
Grafter

What's happened to relay.plus.net?

I have a number of server applications that send out emails via relay.plus.net if something fails. This has worked for years, but all of a sudden, it's stopped working.
Has Plusnet changed something?
thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: What's happened to relay.plus.net?

Are you getting any error messages at all? Have you tried sending a mail from a standalone mail client such as Outlook or Thunderbird?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Are you aware of the well-publicised change of spam and virus checking to Cloudmark (Plusnet look to the Clouds for Email Security Solution that took place progressively through October?
David
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

wyerd
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Are you getting any error messages at all? Have you tried sending a mail from a standalone mail client such as Outlook or Thunderbird?

I have PRTG Network monitor configured to send via relay.plus.net which I know worked a couple of weeks ago says "Error sending "Email": Connection failed ("relay.plus.net")" and a remote notification app on my WHS says "Error: Failure sending mail".
I have outlook configured as IMAP as I use Gmail.
wyerd
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
Are you aware of the well-publicised change of spam and virus checking to Cloudmark (Plusnet look to the Clouds for Email Security Solution that took place progressively through October?

Nope. I didn't receive any notification about this from Plusnet. Is this stopping me from using relay.plus.net? What do I use instead?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: wyerd
Quote from: spraxyt

Nope. I didn't receive any notification about this from Plusnet. Is this stopping me from using relay.plus.net? What do I use instead?

You might want to consider subscribing to our Service Status feed (see my sig).
You can still send via relay.plus.net but there's a possibility that our new outbound or inbound anti-spam appliances are now rejected the messages as spam.
I suppose you could configure PRTG to send via Gmail's SMTP server?
Perhaps you could PM me a full copy of one of your old emails (complete with headers)?
Alternatively try copying the contents of an old email you were able to send into a standalone email client and see if you can send that via our relay servers?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

wyerd
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Perhaps you could PM me a full copy of one of your old emails (complete with headers)?

PM Sent
wyerd
Grafter

Looks like it was a DNS issue my end with the server  Roll_eyes
Mails are now routing through relay.plus.net .
Thanks.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Glad to hear it's sorted! Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵